Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My Big Boy

This photo is courtesy of my friend Amanda's blog, she's a very talented photographer. This big guy started soccer last week and had another game tonight. Hopefully this game goes a bit better than Saturday's where he sat a cried almost the whole time. I don't think he quite gets the idea just yet. Oh well, he'll learn...it's not like I know a ton about soccer or anything.
In addition to his new soccer career, Danny will be starting a new school career next Tuesday. He will start kindergarten at Sierra House Elementary. I hear rumors that his teacher will be Allison Riegal (whom he's had as a Kid's Quest teacher at church, and he loves dearly) from a reliable source. That's definitely a bonus because she understands his "selective hearing" disorder. I call it that because he doesn't have ADD, his ears work just fine, yet sometimes you have to say thing many, many times before he will respond. In my mother's great words "It's like talking to the wall". I have to admit, however, this little wall is getting better at listening and following directions. I must be doing something right. That's part of the growing process. Learn and grow.

1 comments:

Jaime said...

SO happy you're back to blogging again. Now if only we could hang out in person.