Thursday, September 13, 2007

Textbooks suck!



So I went to purchase textbooks for my microbiology class that starts on Monday. One lab workbook and one textbook. Shouldn't be that bad, right? Especially since I get a $200 book voucher from EOPS. Wrong! The workbook alone was $105!!! Holy cow! Thank goodness the instructor marks the textbook (read: the expensive one) as optional since that one is over $190! At least I only have one more class left, otherwise, I'd be in the poor house, even with the voucher!

Oh, and just for fun, I'm a Simpson character:

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I remember the days of spending a grand on text books for 5 classes. It's CRAP!

Unknown said...

My text books were $580 this time around! Holy geez!

carole said...

No kidding! I paid over $150 for my used anatomy book and they wouldn't buy it back because they were using a new edition. Talk about total crap. At least it's not toally useless...