Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hiking

I like to hike. I'm a regular Dr. Seuss with my rhymes. No seriously, I've always been an outdoors gal. In fact I headed for the mountains as soon as I had the good sense to get the flock out of the bay area. Everytime we visit, Torg always asks the inevitable question: Who lives here???? And my answer is always the same: waaay too many people. I mean, no offense, I just have terrible road rage and if I still lived there, it would be in the pen.
So, we hike. We found a sweet trail right out of our back door (okay, front door if you want to get technical), and it begins with a little something I like to call the beast.

Danny tackling the first leg of the beast:
This is our view once we complete the first leg. It seriously goes straight up hill for about 1/4 mile:
Pretty deceiving, you think you're up the hill, but you've only just begun...
Still climbing the beast, this kid is something else!
We were pretty impressed that you can see Jacks Valley Elementary (Danny's school) once you get up over the first half of the trail.
Still going...this is the point in which I usually am able to jog again when I am by myself.
This is the view once we get all the way to the top:
Not bad for about 20 minutes of climbing. This is the trail marker. I suppose it's actually a dirtbike/ATV trail, but we like to go the old fashioned way. There are many, many more miles to go on this trail, and eventually we will find out where it leads. Stay tuned...

0 comments: